Discovering DC: Georgetown

7.6.13

This week, Discovering DC features Carine's Bridal Atelier, located in Georgetown. Get to know the favorite places of Public Relations Director, Katie Thornhill and Bridal Consultants Lisa Greiger and Gabriella Lehimdjian!

What's you history with Georgetown and DC?
Gabriella: I grew up in Northern Virginia, about 15 minutes outside of the city. Being a D.C. area native, I've really come to appreciate everything the area has to offer. From the museums to the great restaurants and shopping...D.C. is a great city to live in. Growing up here, it was nice having a lot of different places to go to for outdoor activities as well!

Katie: I am originally from Atlanta, GA and have been living in D.C. since June 2011. When I first moved to DC after college, my roommate and I lived in the Logan Circle area and now my fiancé and I are in Georgetown and love it! I have really come to love the political side of D.C. with all the monuments as well as the culinary side of D.C. There are SO many amazing restaurants in D.C. from Farmers Fishers Bakers, Range, Peacock Cafe, Bodega, and my list could go on and on!

Lisa: I just moved to the D.C. metro area in August 2012. Before that, I visited many times, but never thought I would end up here. Since moving to Falls Church, I've fallen in love with the area!

Discovering Georgetown what are your favorite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch?
Gabriella: I love shopping and grabbing a bite to eat in Georgetown and Old Town Alexandria!

Katie: My two favorite places to shop/eat/go would be 14th street and Georgetown. I love going to Pearl Dive for their Sunday menu and then strolling up and down the street, hitting up Whole Foods, Miss Pixies, and Peregrine Espresso. Then in Georgetown there is CUSP, Zara, Intermix, Anthropologie, and J Crew; all shopping hot spots. Sitting on the Georgetown Water Front when the weather is nice is a no-brainer!

Lisa: Recently, my friends and I have discovered our local trivia night in Falls Church at Clare and Don's Beach Shack. Aside from that I'm looking forward to exploring the city more now that the weather is getting nicer.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in Georgetown?
Gabriella: I love having a delicious brunch by the water at Farmers Fishers Bakers or Sequoia and then maybe going to one of the museums downtown to see a new exhibit. Can't wait to see the Ellen Harvey exhibit at the Corcoran Gallery starting in July.

Katie: Early morning long run along the canal and into Virginia as the sun is coming up, then coming home to fix a big refueling breakfast of eggs, oatmeal, sausage, more coffee and then we would get ready for brunch at Masa 14 with a big grouping of our friends. After brunch, we would head down to the fish market, pick out two pieces fish to grill, roast some vegetables for the fish, open a bottle of wine and voila! That would be an amazing Saturday!

Lisa: Best afternoons are grilling out with friends, making a few drinks, and hanging out on our porch.

L-R: Lisa, Gabriella and Katie

For more posts in the Discovering DC archive click here. You can follow Carine's Bridal Atelier on Twitter, and find out more on their website. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground