Discovering DC: U Street and DC

5.7.13

This week's Discovering DC checks out some favorite places in DC and U Street thanks to Yvonne from Pink Dollhouse!

What's your history with DC?

I am orginally from Harrisburg,PA and moved to the DC area when I was three. I grew up in Prince Georges County and have always lived in a diverse, city driven environment. Even now where I live I am 10 minutes from D.C. and 15 mins from Virginia. The thought of moving to an area without a metro stop five minutes away makes me shudder.

Discovering DC- what are your favourite places to shop/eat/go with friends/people watch?
In my area I love a bargain, so I frequent places like Marshalls, and Target for cool designer finds. Since I am so close to D.C. I find myself there alot. I love to shop down on F st at what I like to call the Forver 21 to end all Forever 21's, H&M, TJ Maxx, and Nordstrom Rack. When it comes to boutique shopping or going out to eat I love going to U St or Old Town Alexandria.

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon in DC?
I love going into the city to have brunch, my favorite place is Busboys and Poets on U (can't get enough of that place). If the weather is gorgeous and not cold going to Eastern Market is a great place to pick up unique finds.

Yvonne from Pink Dollhouse
Check out posts from the Discovering DC archive here. You can follow Yvonne on Twitter here. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground