Summer Reads

11.7.14


A few years ago I would religiously read every night for pleasure. Even through exam and finals season I would make time to read a few chapters of the latest book on my radar. Lately I've fallen out of this habit, and I am determined to get it back.

There's a few books that I want to complete over the summer- and so far I am not making bad progress! Here's what's on my summer reading list:

Hard Choices by Hillary Rodham Clinton - If you haven't heard that Secretary Clinton has released a memoir then I don't know where you've been! This book is a great read and reflection upon her time as America's top diplomat. What's next on her amazing journey?

Think and Grow Rich for Women by Sharon Lechter - Think and Grow Rich reframes Napoleon Hill's original concept especially for women. This book provides women with real life advice on how to overcome obstacles and seize opportunities and it has arrived on my lap at a perfect time!

Eureka! Making Brilliant Ideas Happen by Philippa Davies - I am so lucky to call Pippa a mentor and a friend. Her book Eureka gathers together neuroscience's most important findings to demonstrate exactly how we can tap into this source of inspiration to unleash creativity and drive our ideas into realisation. It's a fascinating and fun read.

My Age of Anxiety by Scott Stossel - Stossel's latest book is an account of his battle with anxiety, and a history of the efforts to understand the scientists, philosophers, artists and writers. I'm only one chapter in, but I am already hooked.

Latest Kindle downloads- Having a Kindle helps me to do some reading on even the most hectic of days. Lately, I'm reading some murder mysteries and books sent through NetGallery.

What will you be reading this summer? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground