A closet like no other: Theresa Roemer

18.8.14

Photo Credit: The Blog by Neiman Marcus/Chinh Phan
You would think that a 3,000 square foot closet is the stuff of dreams, right? For Theresa Roemer this dream is a reality! I spoke to Theresa to find out more...

Tell us about the concept of the SHE CAVE and why you always wanted one. 

Women want their own unique space in the same way that a man does, so I simply built my ideal space.  I also spend a lot of time socializing and fundraising, so the idea was to have a private space where I could relax, but also do my #1 job, which is raising money for charity.

You use the SHE CAVE for charity and fundraising events. How much money has the CAVE raised for organizations? 

Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been raised in this beautiful space, and the next event is on August 24th for Camp Adventure, an oncology camp on Shelter Island, NY.



Photo Credit: The Blog by Neiman Marcus/Chinh Phan

Tell us about the merchandise in the closet- what are your favourite items? Which are the most expensive? 

My favorite items were recently stolen, unfortunately, and I wish I could get those back.  Among them was a locket with my son's hair, he died in 2006 and the day he was buried I cut some hair from his head at the funeral home, this was what I had left of him that made me feel truly close to him and it was taken in the heist.  Then there's the heirloom jewelry that my mother-in-law passed down to me, which I also cannot replace.  My most expensive items have always been the Birkin bags I own, and my favorite shoes are what I refer to as my Hollywood shoes because they are covered in jewels and have the word "Hollywood" written on the sides.  They're over-the-top in a fun way, they make me feel really spunky and fun when I wear them.

Photo Credit: The Blog by Neiman Marcus/Chinh Phan
Photo Credit: The Blog by Neiman Marcus/Chinh Phan

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground