Things I Learned in 2014

29.12.14


So 2014 is nearly at an end- where did the year go?! For me, it's been a year of ups and downs, first and lasts, new and old. I've learned much more about myself then I ever thought, and made some pretty big decisions!

Whilst I'm in reflective mode, here's what I learned in 2014.

Trust your gut. There were times this year when I didn't listen to it...and I should!

It's okay not to finish everything. Thanks to Arianna Huffington and The Third Metric for reinforcing this point.

Mix it up. This year I visited two different cities instead of returning to my usual haunts. It was liberating!

Get those investment pieces. One is on its way to me as I write. The other? A glorious new bed.

Take care of yourself. Get your hair cut regularly, look after your skin and WORK OUT.

Earbuds in every bag. You'll never know when you'll need them.

Some people will let you down. And it's fine- move on to better things (and people!)

Support those that really matter. You'll then find out who your true friends are.

Do what you love. Writing, photography, art, whatever. Do what makes you happy.

Try to stress less and not take everything personally. I'm still working on this one.

What have you learned in 2014? Tell me in the comments or on Twitter. 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground