24 Hours in London

5.12.16



I've spent a fair amount of time working in London this year. But aside from the early mornings and late nights, I've managed to explore parts of the city and visit attractions that I haven't got to before!

As part of the AccorHotels '24 Hours In Campaign' I'm sharing what I would visit and see over a day in London. You too can take part in the campaign and enter the competition to win a 9 day European break, with stops in Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin! Click here to find out more.

Here's how I would spend 24 Hours in London!

9am: Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at my hotel base- I like to stay at the Doubletree Hilton Westminster. Great location, facilities and fantastic customer service.

10am: Set off for sightseeing! I'll take the short walk from the hotel to visit my old stomping ground, the Houses of Parliament. A tour of the Palace of Westminster is not to be missed -my favourite part is the Commons chamber.


12pm: After absorbing a tonne of history, refreshments are required! After a quick coffee pit stop, I'll head up Whitehall to visit the National Portrait Gallery. It has one of the best gift shops in London!

1.30pm: Time for lunch. I'll visit one of the many restaurants tucked off Piccadilly. Or, I'll pick up a healthy salad at Whole Foods.

2pm: Refueling done, I'll indulge in a little retail therapy on Regent Street. I'll visit my favourites- Russell & Bromley,  J.Crew and Uniqlo as well as checking out the new Tory Burch store!

5pm: I'll head back to the hotel for a little rest and relaxation... and to check out the damage done on my credit card!

7pm: After getting ready, I'll jump in a cab and make my way to The Delaunay in Aldwych for a fantastic evening meal and a few cocktails at the Savoy!


10pm: Walking off calories consumed, I'll take in the sights of the London skyline and magical Westminster along the River Thames.

11pm: Back at the hotel, I'll catch a quick night cap in the Millbank Lounge before heading for some rest and an early wake up call!

Which is your favourite city and how would you spend 24 hours? Don't forget to take part in Accor Hotel's '24 Hours In Campaign' challenge! 

No comments :

One Beat Designs Mlekoshi playground